Thursday, January 1, 2009

Feliz anos ! 09

Well, it is a new year ... happy new year everyone ! well where was i last ... oh yeah, I did not make it to Cuzco untill the 27th in the evening , and of course it was raining hard and trying to find a hotel at christmas at night in a new confusing city, which also has parking for bikes is well ... I got really wet . And spent more money than I should have, 50 usd for a 4 star hotel . I was tired and wet and they had parking for me in the hotel ! Most of these place also include breakfast so... I can fill up before I ride and don´t eat again untill supper. The next day I spent riding and looking at some ruins and a paragliding site , which was cool , I wish I had a wing with me ! I rode towards the Inca trail and to a town at the end of the road, called ? which leads to Matchu pithcu.
Anyways you can catch a train from here to Matchu Pithcu town , which is really cool. I spent the 29th at Matchu Pithcu , it was amazing and stunning ! Some nice hikes up here as well . I missed my train ride back , no watch it had been stolen from my hotel room by someone and I misread my ticket it was on 24 hr clock and showed 15 minutes too late. Shit I had to pay again and it is not cheap ! Oh well, I won´t eat for a few days to make it up !
From here I rode to Lake Titikaka in the south of Peru , the bike was running rough , carb need cleaning again . I went thru heavy rain again and never was below 3300meters all day so it was a bit chilly . The ride was nice but my bike is sick , no power and cutting out .
Made it to a comfy hotel and went on a boat ride to the lake to visit the floating village, where 2000 people live on floating islands and have everything made of reeds , pretty cool as well . Crossed the border on the 31st into Bolivia no hassles but had to pay a small bribe fee the the cops and this border is very confusing and not really any signage but ... i´m in Bolivia now !

No comments: