Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wipe out ! No skin off my Ass !!

Well , after a great couple of days getting my bike up to speed again ...new brakes , oil change, chain oiled air cleaner cleaned ,we went and watched part of the Dakar rally it was good ! I want to do it now !!!
I left nick´s house and headed south on the Toll hwy , about 1 hr into the ride it was getting windy from the sea breeze and I was getting buffeted around , I was going down the hill behind a rock bluff and I was like holy shit these are crazy winds here ..... ahhhhh my front tire had blown out, I got big time front wobble, thought i´d got it under control a few times trying to slow down and pull over .... then I was on my ass sliding down the highway watching my bike hit the guard rail and slide across the highway into the ditch. ! I finally came to a stop after a few rolls and stood up and went a picked up my bike .. holly shit that was fast ! Lucky for me ... i´m still alive !! hahahah and no skin off my ass , my suit and gloves saved me ! A few people stopped and helped me and I got the bike loaded up in a truck and taken to a tire shop to get the tire repaired. 2 hrs later , back on the road ! Yes, my bike is looking now like it is on a trip !!!!
The fairing is wired together and my suit has holes all over it , it´s ragged ! So now i´m in Pucon in the lakes district simular to banff - going to get some fishing supplies and go fishing and head further south to camp and enjoy the nature out here. It is really nice in this area , just like home ! cheers

No comments: