Thursday, December 25, 2008

Dec 24th and 25th !!! Merry x mas everyone ....

Wow , I woke up on the 24th feeling great , it was raining and i was supposed to get an early start , nope not going out in the rain ! Not a good way to start the day at 3500m and in the rain. When it cleared I hit the road about 10am , the road was incredible smooth pavement and super curvy , no traffic , the day before x mas , up and down passes as usual , this was about 4 hrs everything was great untill .... I hit a dog .... I think I killed it , it ran out on a corner and I could not swerve so much as I would have wiped out. Theri were people right thero as well and i did not want to stop and cause a big deal of it . Peru is crazy with dogs, I have never had so many chase me untill this place, about 50 a day it was only a motter of time ... it was small so it did not bite it.... lucky, if it was bigger I may have taken a big tumble !!
After this the day went better , crossed a 4100m pass , incredible , scenery was amasing all day long hard to describe I will try to post pictures tomorrow or when i get to Cuzco. Yes, the local were right about the 3 days but it looks so close on the map ... only doing 200km per day at 30 km hr... not fast, but I feel blessed to be here with what I am seeing and feeling ... Complete freedom .....
I spent the night walking around town people watching , eveyone goes out on the street her for x mas . Had a relaxing morning sort of hit the road by 10am . All off road today slow and tedious.. averaged 25 km hr , constuction and out of the way roads, up and down and all around .... was in desert 2 times then up to 3900m , fog and hail again today . Put the warm cloths on, take them off , put them on, take them off .... you just have to laugh It was a fun day again and had a hamberger for supper , ran out of money and the machines don´t work in this town... it was a nice x mas day ! Hope your all well and the best for the new year, Feliz Navidad....

No comments: