Friday, January 9, 2009

Wow .....

Well, what a day and 3900meters makes.... I decended into the east side of Bolivia, I guess they call that the Amazon side or next to Paraguay. The decent was incredible and scenery excellent , most of it was gravel single lane and very curvy into the jungle like bush. Millions of butteryfly's were everywhere for the next 200km towards the Argentine Border . I arrived at the border called Yacuiba! I went pretty easy only about 1 hrs to clear while some were saying they waited for already 2 hrs . By the time I cleared it was about 6pm and I headed south for a hotel , bordertowns tend to suck and aren't very nice. Usually dirty , busy and a lot of stange people wanting to enter and leave , like myself ! Another 13 hrs day riding and so tired !! 550km day !
The next few days were spent riding in a varity of farm land, bush and desert , depending on how close to the mountians you were at thje time. I found an excellent area Between Salta and Cafayate, again incredible scenery , vineyards , lakes and rivers simular to the Okanogon area . It also hade some canyons simular to Zion park in the USA , brilliante red colors in the evening and lots of tourists in the town of Cafayate itself . I ended up eating in town and riding into the canyon to set up my tent . It seems like riding into Argentina from Bolivia is like going from Mexico into the USA, things are just well normal ...

No comments: