Friday, January 9, 2009

La Serena , Chile at Nick's and Anna Marie's house ...

Yeh , I made it on the 8th in time for the Dakar rally . Which I was racing to catch but found out it is not untill the 11th . Nick and his wife , have a new house and a new little baby boy ! 1 month old... I wonder who the father is ? Sitting by the swimming pool having a beer in his backyard and watching the sunset over the ocean . I acutally never made it to his house the night I left Customs in Chile the tire went flat and it was just too dark to ride about 10:30 before I found a campsite . The campsite charged me a whopping 1$ for staying the night ... good value !
Took the bike in for a service today , new chain , new sprocket, new brakes pads front and back , oil change and a cleaning.... don't know how much it all cost haven't figuerd out the exchange rate yet. Everyweek a new currancy and new rates and trying to figure out how much everthing is worth , keeps you on your toes .. Bike is running great again will catch the Dakar rally on Sunday it is 2 hrs south of here so I will leave nick's and ride south towards Santiago and monday should put me in the big city to get my Visa for Brasil ... time is ticking down i don't really know if i will make it all the way south , it is such a long way still and these 500km days are taking their toll on me... chow !

No comments: