Friday, January 9, 2009

Heading to La Serena, Chile.

Days go by quickly when riding and not knowing or caring what day it is or what time it is , you just ride, eat sleep and talk to yourself well sort of ... at least think alot about stuff , not always really important just stuff ! It started to get really hot 35c -40c and very dry desert like southern California , kinda boring and straight roads , had to stop a few times to sleep or nap , was falling asleep while riding in the heat . Not good ! But in Argentina you have rest stops and Gas stations which are very simular to Canadian ones . One stop shopping ! Ok last day before heading into La Serena was to cross a 4800m pass, no problem !! Customs was easy , leaving Argentina great roads mix of on and off road and very dry , wound my way higher and higher. Looking out for the Condor ! Amazing ride up to the pass Agua Negro , it just kept going higher and getting colder and windy. Nice photos which will be posted today !! Promise ! This ride really blew me away like nothing I have rode yet , I felt drunk and tingly at the top... stopped for photo's and down the other side toward Chile . I made it to customs at 7pm and found I had lost my License plate and also was getting a flat tire on the front. Well about 1.5 hrs later I finised , I found most of the customs offices down here are staffed by men usually police which usually suck at office work, typing and filling forms out . Most were finger plucking the keys and phoning others to find out how to to do something . It took them about 40 minutes and 4 guys to find out first how to fill out the form and then print it .... oh well . Left customs at dark again and rode an other hour towards civilization , stopping to pump my front tire up with a hand pump every 30km ! Very tired and dirty and hungry !

No comments: