Sunday, February 19, 2012

Today is the 20th Feb ....

Finally a good day yesterday well sort of.. we were on the road ready to fly an the sttarted motor decided to pack it in on the parajet of mine. I quick swap over to new relay and stil nothing , it was decided it was the starter. Well after trying to remove it from another motor it was decided that this is not going to work , so we swaped Mark's motor out and used his, changed it all over, rewired and new carborator and were in the air by 8:30am.
We wasted a nice morning of still air. But, we are now running south with the wind and by 11;30am I was on the gound at 110km waiting for my ground crew. At this point we had to make a turn in the road and I was not sure they would find me, radios have not been working so we have no communication now with grouond crew. I was in the air at about noon and did another 42 km before it got too rough to fly.
we dropped Mark off in Chareville for the bus to go to a meeting in Sydney "Friends of Australia" to try to drum up some awarness and support for out cause and attempt at the world record.
We passed the 2000km mark yesterday, I have been flying for 11 days now so we are keeping on track with time and Km's, did 225km yesterday !

No comments: