Thursday, February 16, 2012

Finally a new post .... ! It's only been a year !

Hello from Australia ! I did not know anyone read my posts as I know you have to post regular to get others to read it, Sorry but I dont really have the time to post all the time , my spelling sucks and I type slowly so for me it is painful but will try to catch up now that I am on this new Advanceture and have the day times off.

I arrived on OZ on the 1st January, this being a holiday nothing was open and spent a day in the holtel and aound the area outside of Melbourne. It was nice to be back to OZ but have the prices gone up a cheap holtel was 120.00 night . Not is my budget if i have to spend 4 months here . First few day were spent geting myself used to the 40c heat. This was tough in the city getting around with all my gear , motor cycle , camping and paragliding/paramotor stuff. Besides having to pay at all the airports over weight ,,,, this sucks ! They should weigh the people not the baggage then I could carry more.
I was looking for a used KLR and found a few but it all involved going out and looking at the bikes then getting the paper work done , I thought this to be very expensive and time comsuming , I found a bike store which sold Kawasaki and ended up buying new and putting it on the card within 3 hrs I had my new bike on the road ..... yah baby 11 a new bike 0km on it and was a great color.... RED ~~

Within 3 days I was loaded up and heading to Bright in the snowy mountains, 3 hrs away. A great drive once I found my way out of the city follow the sun east then north . The country side was beautiful the road uncrowed but driving on the other side of the road took some concentration on the bike ... Stay left ! Stay left ! I arrived in Bright in the evening after a nice backroad ride and not much traffic. Time to go flying !!

No comments: