Thursday, February 16, 2012

Bright and area ...

I ended up staying in a nice carvan park at the base of My beauty the flying sit ein bright , where most of the vagabound pilots set up camp . Nice place walking distance to the landing area met up with Fred Gungle and Brian Webb and few other locals whom I had know from my visit here 20 years ago with Mike Potter when we were out this way flying ,, how time flys ! A few nice days Xc were had, some runs and beers in the evenings rode my bike up to Mt Buffalfo park , nice ride on the bike without equipment !! I spent a nice time in Bright and after 5 days I was off to Corryong for the Hng gliding nationals and more flying . A nice days ride over the pass to Threadbo ski area and down again , nice to see areas that you have only heard about and some nice off road roads .
Arrived in Corryong and the evening at the caravan park again on the river , another really nice campsite ! Met up with a few locals and enjoyed a B Bque and again beers , Shelly an ex student of mine was competing in the competition this week , I was to be the wind dummy !

No comments: