Sunday, February 19, 2012

Eastwards ....

We started the day a bit later as we were campng right beside the take off area . When we land, we also have to think about how we are going to takeoff out of the area or we have to backtrack to a safe take off . Mark had a sketchy launch just mising some tree's and touching one as he left .. whew ! I ended up taking off and lost my GPS off of my flight deck ... Shit !
I was on my way and had to cirle back to land , the guys did not see it fall off. We searched about 5 minutes and decided to relaunch and as Budd was walking over to us.. he found it near the spot I had taken off from .. Thanks Budd... did not want to leave 700.00 sitting in the grass for the locals ... they would have no idea what it was used for !! Off again and some good miles put in, generally flying about 1500-2500ft agl , nice tail cross wind. Mark's motor was running rich and he was not getting as good of fuel economy as I was so I was letting him lead and land were he figured he could get too on his fuel.The evening was light wind again and Mark was having take off problems also we had to figure out his motor , spent the evening tuning his engine fuel mixtures and getting it running right . It was tuned now nd ended up being better than mine on fuel and power. Camping at an old military airport with huge runway !!

No comments: