Sunday, February 19, 2012

Conclurry the wait ...

We arrived in Clocurry on the 13th and on the 14th we rested and waited , the prop arrived but we could not find a TIG welder in town to fix the cage. Another problem wne the prop arrived was the prop was a 2 piece and would not work with Marks motor. The day before we had also but had problems with our reserve bridles burning on the exhaust and wrecking them. I manage to get them fixed here in town ,one problem fixed but seeing that the prop was wrong, it was decided than Mark could not fly further now without waiting here for 2 weeks for a new prop... decision was made for me to fly the next day and continue !
Good morning launched before sunrise on the highway, a quick down wind run before turning and heading into the wind.
With the wind we were nmaking great time and lots of km's I had a 72 km downwind run when I turned into the wind I was slowed down to 24km and slower ahhh... agonising . I had to fly cross wind and low to the ground or I would not make headway so for the next 2-3 days it was 300 ft and lower inching may way along at between 19-40km hr. The bonus was I got to see the animals , 100's of roo's, wild pigs ,emu's wild cats maybe either a dingo or a fox , very intense and tiring flying. One morning I only made 50km and was put down by 8am. The ground crew now has to travel equally as slow boring but ...

No comments: