Friday, December 12, 2008

Tripping around ...Bucamarunga .

I spent a few days around Bucamarunga and small city about 1 million . Richi and I went riding out back and was showing me some of his flying sites , nice area lots of flying sites , deep valleys. Launch is in front of his house and you can pretty well fly all day here it seems , thermaling in the morning and ridge flying in the afternoon . I was flying at about 5pm and crossed a ridge out 8km away and did not make it back, had to land out ... tons of power lines just missed one on landing that I could not see ... yeeee ...
Well I finaly left B munga and headed over to Medellin another city , nice ride it took about 8 hrs , the last few were real twisty and got back into the swing of the bike again , F´´$&/$king crazy drivers here . I have heard they are going to get worse in Peru ... great . I spent a few days in Medellin , got my speedo cable fixed , 2 new signal light holders the other ones rotted off , the Kawi dealer gave them to me for free , sweet as the other ones were duct taped on .
Exited Medellin this morning, stayed in a great area of medellin and was a few blocks from all the bike shops , even better . Well I was supposed to be in Cali tonight but did not make it so I am in a small town called ?? about 100 km short , I only did 50 km in 2 hrs this morning traffic and twistys lots of landsides and construction, they just finished a very rainy time down here and had major floods and landslides I´m glad I was not doing this trip 1 - 2 weeks ago.. I also met up with a british biker whom i´d passed and then I got a flat on the rear tire . He stopped and helped me with the fix , put the new tube in and found out it had 2 holes in it , from rubbing in the boxes , so it took longer than usual to get back on the road . Just as we got back on the road it started pouring rain , on with the rain gear and back on the road . The next few hrs were slow , lots of stops for traffic and bad visability , I left the british guy, he was going a diffefernt route, immediatly after this my bike started to slow down then stopped in the pouring rain .... shit !! what could it be... I put the choke on and it started again, it ran rough for the next hr, then went back to normal, maybe water shorting something out .. or bad gas ? I was to tired to continue to Cali and it was dark so. off to a side town for a hotel . I can ´t believe I only did 250 km today i´m so tired the concentration is intense your riding has to be on the ball all the time whew .. i´m gojng to bed .....

No comments: