Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Nevertire !

This is the town we sit in, spent the day in an empty parking area woohooo exciting !
Found out the coil was gone on th motor but we have no puller to take it off ... so we swaped the motor out . We are 12 km short of The town of Nevertire, in the triangle of doom as we call it ! we decide to head into warren a larger town about 19 km east and set up in a caravan park .
Next day another attempt to get out of here drive back 30 km and as I take off and climb before the power lines. I feel the belt slip when I apply power ,, shit ... gusty x wind/tail conditions and I have no power. I am trying to stay low to keep in the winf gradient near the ground and have to hop over power lines , everytime I apply power I dont know if I'm going to climb or the belt is going to slip, milk it... milk it.. jat as i get to nevertire I am about to cross some major lines .. apply power no go belt just slips and I'm sinking fast . Power off, turn into wind sort of , avoid trees, watch for power lines, shit coming up quick , landed safe but a bit fast, whew that was some adrenaline !!
Walk threw water back to road cursing f&*&(*king motor , but as you would know things happen sometimes for a reason . Within 5 minutes of landing the wind changes 180 deg and a cloud forms. Good to be on the ground !! We head back into the town of Warren. Now the weather it is setting in good , we spend 3 days in the Caravan park in pouring rain , good thing for the new tent ! Washing cloths, eating and some running and reading . Interesting trailer park people !!

No comments: