Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I`m in Uraguay !!

Well what a ride ... 3500km in the past week from GV . The riding became better past Sao Paulo when it started to become less populated. The ride thru Rio and Sao Paulo were easy but you did have to battle traffic and sqeek by everyone, othwise it would have taken hrs in a car , bikes rule !! I did get stuck one night between towns at dark and it started to pour , I got soaked , could not see and their were about a thousand trucks on this road. I had to pull into a gas station and wait until 9pm for the rain to stop . Found a hotel ordered pizza ! haha , Yesterday I entered Uraguay after a nice few days riding in the south of Brasil and last night stayed at Rio grande . I had to stay here, I liked the name ... it was a cool city on the coast , lots of fishing and prawning ! Brasil border was confused ... I had to check the bike out then ride 20 km back into brasil to get my passport stamped to exit myself , figure that one out ! Uraguay was a breeze no computor work , just paper ... the customs guy wanted a tip he put a jar in front of me , I played stupid and went and got my drivers license out for him instead , ha . That`s how it works just act stupid ! I really like the feel of this place easy laid back , temp is nice and it is really rural , it seems like a cross between the foot hills of Alberta and New Zealand .... time to head south again toward Argentina ... 200 km away .

No comments: