Monday, February 9, 2009

I found paradise....

Ok , So where I was again , getting lost in the days and the travel , I entered Brasil thru Foz do aguazu (sp) great set of falls on the Argentina -Brasil border, it´s national park... so really quite nice , expensive and touristy but ... they were nice to see . Driving up from B.A. was nice as well ,small towns ,great courtyards, freindly people . Met some bikers whom own bike shop and went to a B Party they fed me and got me drunk , we talked about bikes and my trip... it was cool . Crossed the border without problems , not having a license plate is a pain in the ass , it fell off between Chile and Argentina !
Lots of police in Brasil .. got stopped once for driving without my helmet on, they let me go and I had to show them the note from the Chile police about the lost licence plate !
I crossed over to the east coast near Joinville to see Larissa a freind, she showed me around her town and rest for a day .Then up the coast to Santos which is a city off of Sao PĂ ulo , nice area ...went to the flying site met some guys , next thing you know i´m flying a Fresh Breeze paramotor on the beach over the city. You have to love it , city was nice, flying site in the city, landing on the beach, Great !!
Moved up the coast between Santos and Rio , incredible beaches and feels like you in California except the weather is warmer . Ahhh this is what I have been looking for ... white sand, warm water and small surfing towns all over . Found another flying site heading out of town and got invited to fly , flew 1.5 hrs thermalling and dynamic , landing on the beach ! hmmmmm I can get used to this ..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was great to see a fellow Canadaian paraglider in Caraguatatuba especially on a bike travelling from Canada. I am now back in the cold weather of Ontario and hope to touch base with you soon.. enjoy the rest of your biking and flying adventures.
Jordan Almeida