Thursday, February 12, 2009

Oro Preto to Valadares ...

After Petropolis I headed inland towards Belo Horizonte, a small mining town where they found and stored the gold . This town was also amasing to see, lots of 16-17th century Churches, gold painting and small narrow streets . I recommend this to everyone whom comes to Brasil to see how it was back then ...I could have spent a few days here interesting and relaxing , nice foor and pubs . I only spent 1 night then headed out for Governador Valadres the next day . The ride to Valadares was nice rolling hills , up and down the small mountains they have here , heating up as I get closer to Valadares, rode into town about 5 pm went to the landing area ... was greated by a bunch of the locals , they thought i was crazy to ride here on my bike ..... So I accomplished what I set out to do .. Ride to G.V. on my bike to meet my group !!! Checked into a hotel , washed up went for beer with the boys .... A nice feeling !

No comments: