Monday, April 2, 2012

Yes ... a pending world record !!

Well after listening to the wind all night I have apprehension about flying .. it strong.....but .. it's morning and laminar air . I'm now thinking lets just get it over with ,i'm tired of flying !! We figure we need about 100 km and the window is small. Predict wind says strong west winds by 8am .. Lift off is easy , cross wind find the right road and off I go . Chat to the guys that i might be hard to catch , but they manage well and find me in 15 minutes , No radio contact ,, what the f^&^%&^k ! I can't believe this the day I need the radio, and it's not working , well I end up flying in some crazy air , holding on at times toggles and sterring tips in the hand bouncing along like a cork in the ocean. Not a nice flight but somewhat down wind at about 65km hrs, near the end its total cross and crazy , I fly 130km to where the road turns west into the wind . Turning head on I fly into the wind.... my ground speed is 0, Zero !! Cut the motor , go on glide and not moving , hopefully I will not get dragged backwards on landing !! Just as I touch down I get about 1km forward speed and land , flip around run, grab wing, drag control, yes its finished for now . The boys arrive ad we all do a high five , I think we have it , now to check the instruments .Mark downloads the flymaster into GPS dump and he comes out with 8150 km !! yes we have the pending world record ...happy boys ... now to better it ! Afternoon is windy and rainy,, Mark arranges all the media hype for Thursday in perthat the Flying doctors s airport , hopefully we can get some more km 'in. The rest of the day is right off wind and rain showers ,I'm now sitting in the bush typing , finished a great supper , and content, only a few more flights and its time to celebrate . Body rest is coming....

No comments: