Friday, February 4, 2011

to be continued ...

The city of Guaratuba was crowded with family´s on holidays as was everwhere else on the coast amd is expensive over the holidays everywhere except inland . This does not stop untill after Carnival i´m informed ! Great ! I left this city the next day and had a flat tire at the ferry crossing , with a 4 inch nail in my tire . Like how does this happen is the nail sticking up on the road ? or after you run over it does it get propelled into the tire ? This i can´t figure out ? Anyways it was an easy fix and I put in an old tube and continued . Nice ride from Caioba up to Morreles which is a nice little town very beautiful and lots of water in the area rivrs and small lago´s . After this town up an old route that is up the Serra´s again with original rocks inlaid all the way to the top by early slave´s brought over in the 1700´s Cool Road !! Back out onto the Br 116 hwy and stayed in Registro.
Next day left and headed towards Campinas thru a park up to Sao miguel Arcanjo up the Serra´s again but not after I had a flat tire again, guess what.... the tube I put in the day before was rotten and fell apart, smart thinking on my part I had stopped and bought a spare as soon as my spare was used ! Learn from your mistakes and never trust an old tube or repair !
I made Evendero´s house by the evening and we went out for beers and showed me his new biker house . This time at the house was so welcome to clean fix the bike and talk about new trips ect., he is also helping me with my blog and adding pictures and soon a map of my travels as he is a computer wiz. Thanks for the stay and the help Evandero that is great ! cheers

No comments: