Thursday, March 11, 2010

Buenos aries to Uruguay

Timing is everything when on a bike, when to leave and when to stay , good thing I know weather so well . I was able to keep us dry by knowing clouds and weather patterns . Riding into B.A. was a challange and finding our hostel ( Dakar motors) was hard... being everything looks athe same when you have a city of 8 millon people , it took me 3 hrs and lots of asking in broken spanish to the locals . We ended up staying in the city for about 3 days to visit cheri's friends and trying to get a Visa into Brasil .. which was bloody usless... Unless you exit Argentina you are not allowed a visa to Brasil. We wanted to leave from Uruguay to park the bike untill next year so we had to get the visa from Uruguay . We did so after taking the ferry from BA to Montevideo on the fast ferry , probably bought from B.C.
Uruguay was so nice , relaxing and friendly they did give us a year to stay for the bike . We stayed in a campground by Pute del este which as deluxe , store , games rooms and swimming pool. We had a chance to exercise, going for runs together and relaxing on the beaches . It was nice, real nice.... !! I would by a place here it is that nice !! I ended up storing the bike in Uruguay again untill next season and another adventure .
My bike now need some TLC when I return ... with my trip from Canada ending up now at 46,000,00 km.
I could never imagine when I started this 3 seasons ago how far this would take me and how much more I know about the world and the nice people I have met along the way. It have changed the way I look at things and how really the same we are, all over the world . Cheers

No comments: