Thursday, March 11, 2010

and back to Brasil ....

Ok ,did I metion how bloody windy it was in the south of Patagonia holy shit .... you could not imagine unless you have been their . day and night it was windy and dangerous for riding ! Getting blown over to the side of the raod constantly and having to keep the bike inline was so f*^%*&ing hard on my body , I was suprised Cheri didn't bail on me it was really a hard trip for her as well . Cold and windy and sometimes rainy sums it up ! I had to put on all the cloths I had and then was still frozen , it was nice to leave this area and head north. Ushaia was nice but it snowed on us but still a very nice place to visit and fish if i could go back !
The route north was boring and desert like , with long riding days and lots of wind . I would have to say many days it was 80km winds from the side and when a truck went by on the opposite side of the road (windward side) it would jerk you over to the truck side as it was the way you were leaning on to try to stay on the road . As we were riding north each day it got warmer and the days shorter which was interesting to me .. after about 8 days it was time to start pulling cloths off again .... Many of the campgrounds we stayed at were dusty and cloths got dirty easy so lots of washing and hanging out our equpment . But all and all we did manage to have some fun and joke about it . We met alot of other bikers in the south telling us of their simular adventures with the wind and dust some of them tales of accidents were they were injured .... we survived . I only put the bike down once when it pushed me to the opposite side of the road on gravel , I got cheri to climb off and then tried to manouver it back to the proper side and when it went side ways to the wind I could not hold it up and over she went !

No comments: