Tuesday, December 8, 2009

La Cumbre , Argentina

Crossed the border into Argentina without problems , flat country riding ... boring desert like landscape , farmland , corn , wheat , rice in places .I was following a semi about to pass and it had a blow out on the back tire scared the shit out of me and rubber was flying... wow so cool to watch and I did not get hit ever better ! I arriver in Cordoba city late asked at the gas station if I could set up my tent at the back in a field , no problem . After I everything set up andf was about to go to sleep another guys came over and said it was too Dangerous ... so I packed up my gear again and left in the dark . Now I entered Cordoba in the dark .... shit well the only hotel I could find was a love hotel , what a dive ! Noisy , smelly and the guy kept phoning my room for some reason , he asked for 100 peso more after I paid him 100 , then he gave it back , Could not figure that on out !
Was glad to be out of the city and roode north to enter the small puebla of La Cumbre the mecca of paragling in Argentina , home of Andi Hediger and distribtor of Advance paragliders . No flying for 3 days , wind was from the wrong way , nice shop set up at the airport for repairs . Now I am in San Juan , wine country north of Mendoza ! Heading north to get some altitude to start acclimatising for Aconcagua. More later .........

2 comments:

bathmate said...

nice link i like it so much. this link is very useful to every body. very nice posting

Bathmate

Unknown said...

Congrats Uncle Glenn on making Camp 2. What an achievement. Take care and have fun on the rest of your adventure.

Jared Derouin