Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I'm in Argentina now ....

Hi everyone ... well after about 400 hrs of travel, I made it to Uruguay safe. No bags lost, no hang ups.... oppps, yes the plane leaving Toronto was 3 hrs late so instead of leaving at 10pm they left at 1am ... yes, Air Canada ! Anyways does't matter I had a 8 hrs lay over in Brasil .
So went out to Punte del Este after Montevideo. My bike was in the shop and they were working on it when I arrived , how nice is that ! What service... tuned up the bike , put in new shocks, heavier ones for Cheri's big butt !! Whom will be joining me in Mendoza in after the climb .
So after spending 3 days in a Hostel with the kids, I was ready to leave .... did I used to drink that much . They were doing tequilla shots at 2pm in the afternoon and didn't stop untill 4am .... ahhhhh.
Well I hit the road and I must say yahhoooo it sure feels good to be back on the bike " yo soy libre " !
Nothing reall spectacular about the route really flat , I had 1 night camping where is poured out while I was camping ! Thunder , lightning and heavy rain , my tent was floating I had everything piled on my air matress water was inside the tent . Everthing was wet and mudddy ... north of where I was they had hail the size of baseballs.. so I was lucky, lots of big trees down everwhere .

1 comment:

Cheri E Clarke said...

My big butt, I recall a conversation with you stating you wore out the shocks and needed new ones last year. I think your acclimatization has gone to your head....