Sunday, January 16, 2011

It's about time ... for an update !!

I'm on the road north ....or so i thought . Well i do feel like i'm confessing my sins when it takes so long to blog , and i'm not so much into this electronic world yet. or am I ???
Anyways I left Canada for Uruguay on Dec 30th which means I arrive in Monte video at 1200 on New years eve 6 hrs before new years in Canada. Unfortunatly it was very uneventful as I was still in the airpost exchanging money and trying to arrange a ride to my hotel , but the fire works looked impressive as that is the big thing down here on New years !
The next day everthing was closed ,, not even the buses run, I had a hard time finding food everything is closed . The next 4-5 days or was it 6 was spent working on the bike at the Kawi dealer in La Barra , it seems the idiots in Canada gave me the wrong part... it was the front sprocket and I had taken it all apart I ended up spending 2 extra days trying to get a sprocket fpr my bike .
It is very expensive and super busy in this area during x mas, as it is a dream area for the rich and famous , the Monte Carlo of the south. The hostel was 50.00us a night for 4 people in a room ! It was crazy, tons of young people wanting to party all night long , dico opens at 1-2am and goes untill 7am , of course my roomates would sleep all day eat at 9pm then go out at 2am and come home at 3-7am and start snoring ... fun ! I'm glad to be out on the rooad !


No comments: